- The Police Department includes a complete jail
facility as well as a Victim Advocate and Citizen's
- The Fire Department of Lompoc has two
separate stations, three fire engines, a ladder
truck, a brush truck, and a disaster response
- The Electric Utility provides affordable power
through the Northern California Power Agency
and has been in operation since 1920.
- The Water Utility has eleven wells and four
tanks. The city ensures superior water quality
through the use of a stateoftheart
- The Wastewater Utility, operates from a $110
million regional Wastewater Plant. The plant is
permitted to operate at five million gallons per
day, and currently operates at 2.8 MGD. At the
moment, 2.8 MGD in treated water flows to the
river, thus enabling that water for reuse.
- The Lompoc Civic Auditorium offers a venue for
a wide range of community programs and theatre
- A Municipal Airport that supports the commercial
and recreational use of prop and business jets.
- A Public Library with programs for all ages.
- The Solid Waste Collection Service and Solid
Waste Landfill Service include the recycle of
green waste. These services are located within
City limits and include a household and
commercial hazardous waste collection center.
- The Wireless Internet Utility provides service to
city businesses and residents.
Building and Planning Services offer a business
- The Lompoc Aquatic Center is utilized for
recreational, competitive, therapy and activity use.
The Center is used primarily by High School Swim
and Water Polo Teams, and is home to
tournaments, swim meets and lessons.
- The Anderson Recreation Center offers a wide
range of youth and adult programs, as well as
event venue rental. The facility was recently
updated with brand new flooring, paint, and
updated basketball and volleyball court facility
including rennovated wood flooring.
- The Dick DeWees Community and Senior Center
includes a banquet room, multipurpose room,
kitchens, meeting rooms, classrooms, and office
- Over 600acres
of parks, recreation fields, picnic
areas, trails, and open space areas, including a
campground with 35spaces
recreational vehicle plug ins.