- A variety of new restaurants opened including Papa John’s Pizza, Aloha BBQ, Applebee’s, Umami Ya Sushi, Scratch Kitchen, D’Vine Wine Bar and Bistro, Eddie’s Burger Grill, Nikka’s Fish Enterprise, Central Coast Specialty Foods, and Wild West Pizza & Grill.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill and the Habit Burger Grill are under construction in 2016.
- Solvang Brewery expansion is underway in Lompoc. The project will create approximately 28 local jobs. The new facility will feature a restaurant, taproom, retail area, and production facility.
- The Hilton Garden Inn is also moving forward with construction and is projected to open in the first quarter of 2017. The hotel will have 156 guest rooms, multiple meeting rooms, dining areas, an exercise area, and a swimming pool.
- Plans for a 40-acre industrial park, Central Coast Business Park, are underway to expand industrial and business park space for Lompoc. The Planned Central Coast Business Park will sit on three parcels that make up approximately 40-acres, and will strive to include manufacturing, warehouse, hangar/storage, and office space. The site is located on West Central Avenue, between V Street and Barton Avenue in the vicinity of industrial, commercial and residential development. The site will be subdivided into 12 separate parcels, anywhere from 2.4 to 3.5 acres a parcel.
- Annexation of the Summit View Homes project will create more residential units in Lompoc in 2016 and the announcement of moving forward on the Towbes Group Burton Ranch Development was recently presented to Council to form a CFD for infrastructure. The project will ultimately create 460 new homes in Lompoc.
- The City of Lompoc is undergoing a Zoning Ordinance Update; the Sign Ordinance Update was one if the first priorities and now the focus is on Zoning Districts.
- The local hotels formed a Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) in 2014, Visit Lompoc, Inc to promote tourism in Lompoc through hospitality, dining, historic landmarks, arts and recreation. Participating hotels charge a 2% tourism fee to contribute to the TBID to promote Lompoc.
- The addition of Space X to Vandenberg Air Force Base was completed in September 2013. Their new launch pad was completed in February 2013 as well as a new 124,000- square foot assembly building. The facility is used for Falcon 9 launch operations and provides high inclination and polar orbit capabilities.
- The 80- acre Public Safety Training Center at Allan Hancock College opened its doors in 2013 that includes state-of-the-art training in Fire, Police/ Public Safety, EMS, Environmental Health, Wildland Fire Technology, and Oil and Gas Industry safety training. The facility includes a 1.3 mile, 110- mph closed loop driving track, 100- yard pistol and rifle range, force option simulators, scenario buildings, a mock jail, a six-story training tower with state-of-the-art fire props, burn building, a high tech EMS simulation lab, and many more amenities.
- DenMat, dental supply manufacturer relocated and expanded its World Headquarters into Lompoc in 2012-2013, bringing approximately 400 jobs into Lompoc. The 92,000 square foot facility includes a dental lab, learning center, warehouse and handling center, a global call center, manufacturing labs, a print shop and corporate offices.
- Epic Cooling, an agricultural cooling facility was built in 2013 to cool vegetables and berries. This cooling facility features a 24,000 square foot cooler which has multiple refrigeration and packing capabilities.
- In 2013, Santa Barbara County Housing Authority completed building 52 low income apartments on West Ocean Avenue. A 60 unit housing project for low income seniors was also built in May 2013.
- Fallas Discount Department store opened in July 2013 with tenant improvements and new fixtures and inventory.
- Retail giant, Marshalls opened in 2012, providing over 60 jobs in the City of Lompoc.
- RocketTown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership opened in 2013.
- 40,000 square foot expansion of Wal-Mart was completed in order to accommodate for a larger grocery food department.
- Two new grocery stores opened, Dollar General Store and Grocery Outlet Bargain Market to expand grocery options in Lompoc as well as create jobs for residents.
- Harbor Freight Tools opened in May 2016, widening the retail sector for residents and created 29 jobs in the City.
- Lompoc Radiation Oncology Center to open doors in early 2016, construction is in its final phases of completion. The new cancer treatment center will provide state-of-the-art low energy accelerators to treat skin cancer, and large high energy machines for deeper cancers.
- The completion of the Champion Center is a state of the art rehabilitation facility and chemical dependency center. The facility was built at the location of the old hospital in Lompoc and provides addiction treatment and the HEROS program which offers support for military, law enforcement and firefighters battling addiction.
- The Motorsports Park project began the Environmental Impact Review Process in early 2016 and is expected to be completed in early 2017. The project is planned to be located on a 35- acre site adjacent to the Lompoc Airport which will include off- road motocross tracks as well as an eighth mile drag strip.
- In 2015, the 5-acre River Bend Bike Skills Park opened with bike tracks for all skill levels.