- LAFCO approved the annexation of the land for the Summit View Homes Development. The residential development is projected to create about 44 homes in Lompoc and it is expected to attract approximately 120 to 130 new residents.
- The Towbes Group is moving forward on their residential development at the northern end of town that will create approximately 460 new homes.
- Solvang Brewery Company opened in February 2017 at 234 North H Street in Old Town.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill and The Habit Burger Grill have both opened in November and December 2016, located at 1413 North H Street. Plans for an adjacent two tenant dining establishment are underway.
- The Hilton Garden Inn is under construction and will be located at 1201 North H Street and is expected to include 156 guest rooms, multiple meeting rooms, dining areas, an exercise area, and a swimming pool. The hotel is moving forward and is still on track to open in 2017.
- Lompoc’s new 40-Acre Industrial Park, Central Coast Business Park is also underway. The EIR was approved in October 2015, and plans to move forward on this project are in works.
- A Motorsports Park development project completed the EIR process which was certified by Council in December 2016. This park will be in a prime location near the Lompoc Airport.
- The City is currently going through a Zoning Ordinance update. One of the first areas of focus was the Sign Ordinance (ZC 15-02). The Sign Ordinance portion completed and approved by Council in December 2016. The next area of focus which is currently underway will be the Zoning Districts.
- Some projects that are under review include The Laundry Room – a new Laundromat facility to be located at 304 West Ocean Ave, Starbucks – located at 404 East Ocean Ave, an expansion of Conserv Fuel Gas Station located at 801 East Ocean, and more!