Thompson Park is a 5 acre park located in western Lompoc off of College Avenue between "R" and "S" Streets. This neighborhood park features a lighted softball field, spectator areas, a playground, park benches, open turfed areas, and large mature trees providing ample wind breaks and shade areas.
In the spring, this park is used by the Lompoc Girls Softball Association for practices and games. The softball field is also used throughout the year by adult softball. With residential areas located on three sides of the park --- this is a very active and busy neighborhood park.
This park was purchased by the City from the Starr family in 1937 for $10. For many years, this park site was an undeveloped open space area with standing water known as the "old duck pond". In the early 1960's this area was filled in with soil to create a park. In a "name the park" contest sponsored by the Lompoc Record, the park was originally named "Monte Vista Park" (Mountain View Park). Later, the park was re-named Thompson Park after former Lompoc Mayor Harold G. Thompson who served as the Mayor of Lompoc in the early 1960's.
Lompoc Parks & Recreation Department - 125 West Walnut Avenue - Lompoc, California 93436 - (805) 875-8100