- Electric Rate Assistance Program: if your total annual household income is below the following level, you may be eligible to receive a $9.00 monthly credit on your electric bill. One person below $47,150, two people below $53,900, three people below $60,650, etc.
* Income requirements are subject to change. Please call 875-8252 for current income requirements or an application.
- Home Energy Assistance Program: You may qualify for a one-time payment on your electric, gas, wood, propane, or oil bill up, if you meet certain criteria.
- Customized Rebate: Any energy efficient retrofit not listed above may qualify for the Customized Rebate of $0.15 per watt saved. An inspection of the existing equipment is required.
- Exit Signs: the City will provide a rebate of $15 to replace an incandescent or a fluorescent exit sign with a LED or a electroluminescent sign.
- Freezer Replacement Rebate: $144.00 rebate is available to replace a working freezer with a new Energy Star model that must use at least 316Kwh a year less than the old freezer. The old freezer must be inspected by City staff and recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill.
- Freezer Buy-Back Program: the City will give you $35 and provide free pick-up and disposal at the City landfill for any working freezer being used in your home.
- LED Light Bulb Replacement Rebate: Save up to 80% of the cost to operate lighting with Energy Star rated LED light bulbs. Purchase LED bulbs to replace old inefficient incandescent light bulbs with equivalent wattage LED light bulbs and receive a rebate of up to a $10 per light bulb (not to exceed one-half of purchase cost) from Lompoc City Electric. To receive a rebate, bring old incandescent bulbs, new LED bulb packaging and receipt to City Hall. Limit: 10 light bulbs per electric customer per year
- LED Holiday Lights: Save up to 90% of the cost to operate decorative holiday lighting with LED light strands. Purchase LED holiday lights and receive a rebate of $4 for up to a 75 light strand or $8 for a 76 or more light strand (not to exceed purchase cost) from Lompoc City Electric. Limit: rebate available for 5 strands per electric customer.
- Lighting Rebates for your Business: Save up to 30% on the cost to operate the lights in your place of business. The City will rebate for the installation of more energy efficient lighting, call 875-8252 for more information and an application. No rebate will be issued until a pre & post installation inspection of retrofit is performed by City staff and until verification that old lamps, ballast and or fixtures have been properly disposed of at the City of Lompoc Landfill or Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility.
- Refrigerator Income Qualifying Replacement Program: For electric customers who qualify for the Electric Rate Assistance Program the City will help you purchase a new Energy Star refrigerator from a participating appliance dealer. The old refrigerator must be recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill and the new refrigerator must use at least 316Kwh a year less than the old refrigerator.
- Refrigerator Replacement Rebate: $144.00 rebate is available to replace a working refrigerator with a new Energy Star model that must use at least 316Kwh a year less than the old refrigerator. The old refrigerator must be inspected by City staff and recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill.
- Refrigerator Buy-Back Program: the City will give you $35 and provide free pick-up and disposal at the landfill for any working refrigerator being used in your home.
- Solar Interconnection Notice: The City of Lompoc has fulfilled its California mandated Solar Net Energy Metering obligations. However, the City still offers a Customer Owned Generation Rate Schedule to customers who install Solar PV systems. For more information please call 875-8252.
- Building Permits: Please contact the Building Department at 875-8220 for information about the permit process.
Listed below are the City of Lompoc programs that can help you reduce your indoor and outdoor water use.
Remember that your sewer rates are based on your water usage for the months of January, February and March. Please check your irrigation system to make sure you are not watering your lawn during our rainy season.
If your water use is higher than normal, you may have a leak. Please visit http://www.waterwisesb.org/videos.wwsb or contact 875-8252 for information about leak detection assistance.
For more information about the following rebates, please contact the Utility Conservation Division at 875-8252.
- Clothes Washer Replacement Rebate: $120 rebate is available to replace a working clothes washer that is not rated Energy Star with a new Energy Star rated clothes washer. The old clothes washer must be inspected by City staff and recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill.
- Clothes Washer Income Qualifying Replacement Program: For utility customers who qualify for the Electric Rate Assistance Program, the City will help you purchase a new Energy Star clothes washer from a participating appliance dealer to replace your old inefficient clothes washer. The old clothes washer must be in working order and it must be recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill. Please call 875-8252 for more information.
- Dishwasher Replacement Rebate: $50 rebate is available to replace a working pre-2010 dishwasher that is not Energy Star rated with a new Energy Star rated dishwasher. The dishwasher must be inspected by City staff and recycled at the City of Lompoc Landfill.
- Rain Barrel Rebate: Want to conserve water resources? Harvest rain water in a rain barrel! If you purchase a rain barrel and are a City of Lompoc Water Customer, you can receive a rebate of up to $50 per rain barrel. Rebate is limited to 4 barrels per customer. For rebate requirements and an application, please contact 875-8252.
- Smart Landscape Rebate - Want to save water outdoors? Replace grass with low water usage plants, rocks, mulch, or synthetic turf and receive a rebate of up to $1000. Each site must be pre-qualified for the rebate before grass is removed. Call 875-8252 for more information.
- Free Mulch and Tree Planting Program – Please contact the City of Lompoc Urban Forestry Division
- Toilet Replacement Rebates: the City will rebate up to $103 per toilet to change old 3.5+ gallons per flush toilet to 1.28 gallon per flush toilets that have the “WaterSense” label and up to $23 per toilet to change 1.6 gallons per flush toilet to 1.28 gallon per flush toilets that have the “WaterSense” label. Up to $50 may be paid toward installation costs if installed by a licensed plumber or contractor with a license to do business in the City of Lompoc. A plumbing permit is required. Only approved toilets qualify for a rebate. Please call 875-8252 for more information prior to the removal of old toilets.