Save Time and a Stamp!
CITYPAY Direct Debit: the City of Lompoc is offering a direct debit program for payment of your monthly utility bill. If you choose to use this service, our bank will debit your bank account for your monthly utility bill. You will still receive your itemized monthly statement each month.
CITYPAY Direct Debit is offered to all residential and commercial accounts billed by the City of Lompoc. Your account must be in good standing, with a history of not more than one returned item in the last 12 months. Accounts with special payment arrangements are not eligible for this program. An application can be obtained by calling 805-736-1261 ext 8246, 8247 or 8249.
For information on utility rebate programs, click here.
- Welcome to the City of Lompoc, we hope you will enjoy our community and make it your own.
At your residence the City provides these utility services:
$0.14096 per KWH for first 325|
$0.19109 per KWH for 326-500
$0.27071 per KWH for over 500
* Minimum charge is $3.73(26KWH or less)
Public benefit program charge is $0.0039 per Kwh
To get information on other electric rate schedules, click here.
$23.04 Meter Fee + $2.75 per 100 cubic feet
Resolution 5362 (06) Establishing Increased Water Rates & Charges
Collection Rates, Effective June 1, 2012|
Landfill Rates, Effective July 1, 2012
Commingled Recycling, Green Waste and Cardboard Bins are offered at no additional charge. The Landfill is located at the South End of Avalon Street. The Landfill is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m on weekends and holidays.
$5.58 per 100 cubic feet of water used During
January, February and March
**$22.32 minimum charge
Resolution 5363 (06) Establishing Increased Wastewater Rates & Charges
**In June of each year, the data collection system willl take the average water consumption from the previous months of January, February, and March on all non-irrigation water meters. This average consumption, measured in hundred cubic feet (ccf), will become the average number of water units being processed by the Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Be sure water faucets are in the "off" position before we turn the water meter on.
- To obtain utility services with the City of Lompoc, you must:
- Apply in person at least 1 working day (Mon-Fri 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) before you want the services turned on.
- Present valid identification (Driver's License/CA I.D.) And social security card.
- Pay deposit if required. (See Deposits).
If you are moving to a different residence you must reapply again in person 1 working day in advance. To turn services off we need 24 hour notice.
Deposits are a minimum of $50.00 for an apartment and $75.00 for a house or condo. A deposit is required if:
- It is the first time you are applying for services with the City of Lompoc.
- You are re-applying for service and it has been over one year since your previous service has been terminated.
- You are re-applying for service, you had less than one year previous service and your deposit was refunded.
- You are re-applying for service and your previous account was turned off for nonpay or assigned to a collection agency. The deposit will be determined by your prior service record.
- Service Calls
Service calls are expensive! You will be charged a service fee if we are called out and the problem is one of the property's and not the City's. Check the following before calling to eliminate unnecessary and costly service calls.
- Check out circuit breakers - are they on?
- Check for water leaks on the property.
- Check main water valve on the house - is it on?
- Be sure of the dates you schedule turn off or turn on order. If we need to make additional trips because you want the date changed or the order canceled, and you have not given us 1 working day notice, you will be charged a service fee.
- A one-time fee of $10.00 is added to the first billing for opening a new account at each service address.
For your convenience, bills may be paid at the City Hall of deposited in the drop boxes located in the City Hall lobby or on the island in front of the Police Department. Please include the return portion of your bill for credit.
- Fire Hydrant Meters
Fire Hydrant Meter Installation and Relocation charges shall be $88.00 for each installation and for each relocation of a Fire Hydrant Meter.
A refundable fee in the amount of $650.00 will be collected to cover replacement costs should the meter become damaged or lost. This fee shall be paid when the Fire Hydrant Meter is requested.
The Water Service and Water Usage Charges for water services will apply to all Fire Hydrant Meters, in accordance with current schedule for water services based on the size of the Fire Hydrant Meter installed and water consumption.