Provide professional, uninterrupted service to every user with safe, efficient, affordable, and environmentally-responsible collection and treatment of wastewater.
- We will keep the collections and wastewater treatment plant facilities in good operating order at all times.
- All member agencies, the community, and other departments can expect cordial and respectful cooperation.
- We will respond to complaints and concerns as soon as possible.
- We will maintain full regulatory compliance in our operations with no controllable violations.
- We will educate the public on applicable regulations and policies so as to strive for full compliance in the community with respect to wastewater issues.
- Our laboratory will maintain full compliance with accreditation standards and proficiency testing.
- Our staff will be professionally trained to high standards of competency and integrity.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
The Wastewater Treatment Plant was constructed in the mid-1970ís with significant upgrades completed in 2009. Upgraded processes added include:
- Headworks facilities downstream of the existing screens including influent pumping, flow metering, a grit removal tank, and peak wet weather flow equalization;
- Secondary treatment facilities including an oxidation ditch process, secondary clarifiers, and return/waste activated sludge pumping;
- Facilities consisting of secondary effluent flow equalization utilizing the existing aeration tanks;
- Tertiary cloth-media filters and waste backwash water handling;
- Germicidal ultra-violet disinfection facility with effluent pumping and disposal replacing existing chemical treatment facilities;
- Solids handling facilities including dissolved air flotation for thickening biological solids, and upgraded the sludge lagoons;
- Electrical power distribution, instrumentation and control facilities; and
- Miscellaneous support facilities and miscellaneous improvements to existing facilities.
City of Lompoc - 100 Civic Center Plaza - Lompoc, CA 93436 - (805) 736-1261 - © 2011