The City Clerk is the local official who administers democratic processes such as local elections, access to City records, and all legislative action ensuring transparency to the public.
The City Clerk’s mission is to ensure the integrity and preservation of the City Council’s record, conduct municipal elections, coordinate the recruitment and appointment process for City Advisory Groups, coordinate the citywide Records Management Program, and provide courteous, professional and efficient service to the public, City Council, and City Staff.
You may contact the office of the City Clerk at 805-875-8241 or email City Clerk Stacey Haddon.
City Clerk’s Office Services
- Records, prepares, certifies and maintains the official minutes of all meetings of the City Council and Oversight Board, and prepares agendas and compiles agenda packets for those meetings
- Custodian for official records, official depository for all City records, and ensures that ordinances are codified into the Lompoc Municipal Code and processes and maintains resolutions, ordinances, contracts, claims, deeds and other documents as required by law
- Publishes and mails legal notices as required by State law and City statutes.
- Serves as the Elections Official, consolidating all Mayor and Council elections with the Santa Barbara County Elections Office
- Filing officer for campaign statements and Statements of Economic Interest
- Coordination of the recruitment and appointments to advisory bodies
- Receives and Processes Public Records Requests
- Coordinates the City’s bid opening process, and accepts claims against the City and service of other legal documents
- Provides assistance the Finance Division with the Business Taxes and Permits programs
- Serves as a Notary Public