How Do I Obtain a BTC?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Business tax applications may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 100 Civic Center Plaza, P.O. Box 8001, Lompoc, CA 93436 or by calling (805) 875-8241 or (805) 875-8242 to have the forms faxed or mailed to you. The forms (in .pdf format) that are necessary in order to apply by mail or in person are available below.

The application requires various information including:

  • Social Security Numbers (or taxpayer identification) for all principals of the business
  • Name and Address of the business (NOT a post office or private mail box)
  • Name, address and phone numbers of business owner(s)
  • Name, address and phone numbers of corporate office
  • Type of business, products sold, or services provided
  • Seller's Permit Number

Download the applicable forms

Save the .pdf file to your desktop by clicking the link(s) in the chart below (please be patient while they load).

To purchase with a credit card

Complete the applicable forms, along with this Credit Card Payment form, then print, sign, and Fax to: 805-875-8603 -or- 805-735-5347
or mail them to:

City Clerk
100 Civic Center Plaza
P.O. Box 8001
Lompoc, CA 93436

To purchase with a check

Complete the applicable forms, print, sign, and mail to the address above (make checks payable to the "City of Lompoc".)

Before you begin - Email us with information on the type of business and estimated annual gross receipts only within the City of Lompoc (if applicable) and we will verify the proper business tax for you. Once you recieve the business tax amount from us, continue on to the forms...


Apply for... Forms Required (Complete & Return)...
Commercial location within the City of Lompoc.
  • Business Tax Certificate (BTC Application)

  • Business Inspection for Fire Department

  • Wastewater Discharge Permit
    (Baseline Report):

    To help you decide which form you will need, please follow these guidelines:

    Use the SHORT FORM if your business includes any of the following: any type of food service, auto repairs, medical service, veterinary service, photographic service, or any other similar service.

    Use the LONG FORM if you are considered an industrial discharger by EPA Regulation. Examples include: metal-finishing, electroplating, pesticide manufacture, pharmaceutical manufacture, large photographic development, battery manufacture, plastics molding, or electrical and electronic component manufacture.

    If no to either of these, then no form is required.

    Note: One of the following Baseline Report forms must be completed before you can discharge into the City's Wastewater collection system.

    Short Form
    Complete online then print

    Long Form
    Print and complete by hand

From a Residence within the City of Lompoc.

(After approval, go to Step 2.)

Step 1:

Home Occupation Use Permit (HUP)

(This takes the Planning division 3 days to process.)
(Please note: This form prints out on 8.5 x14 paper, set your printer accordingly)

Step 2:

Business Tax Certificate (BTC Application)

Doing business in Lompoc, but office location is not within the City of Lompoc.

Business Tax Certificate (BTC Application)

Exempt Application

Exempt Application for exempt businesses