Important Resources and Links

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

City of Lompoc Departments

Economic Development

The City of Lompoc Economic Development Division is here to assist you with your business needs. Encouraging and promoting business development in Lompoc as well advocating for community growth and success are key priorities for the Economic Development Division in Lompoc.  Economic Development staff focuses on business attraction, retention and expansion and offers the following for businesses. 


Contact the Building Division at (805) 875-8220.


For information concerning the General Plan, Zoning information, current development information, sign permits, temporary use permits, Home Occupation Use Permits (HUP), and Planning Commission, telephone (805) 875-8273 or e-mail


Contact the Fire Department at (805) 736-4516.


Contact the Police Department at (805) 736-2341. If you want to install an alarm system or automatic dialing device in your place of business, contact the Police Department to obtain a permit.

Other Resources:

Chamber of Commerce
111 South "I" Street, Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-4567

Coastal Business Finance (CBF) Non-profit Small Business Administration (SBA)

Certified Development Company. Low cost loans to purchase or build your business facility.
930 South Broadway, Suite 101, Santa Maria, CA 93454
(805) 739-1665, FAX: (805) 739-9257

Small Business Administration (Fresno Branch)

Toll Free 1- 800-359-1833 then press 6 

Santa Barbara County Offices

County Clerk's Office

401 E. Cypress Avenue, Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 737-7705
Fictitious Business Name Statement "County-Recorder-Accessor", "Contact Us". 

County Environmental Health Services

Betteravia Government Center
2125 S. Centerpoint Parkway, Room 333
Santa Maria, Ca 93455-1340
(805) 346-8460 Health Permit 

Santa Barbara County Tax Collector

(805) 737-7775 ext. 8330
Business Tax to operate in unincorporated area of Santa Barbara County – outside the Lompoc city limits. 

State Offices

Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
Administers provisions of the State's Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Act.

State Board of Equalization
Administers sales and use tax program and issues seller’s permits

BOE - 4820 McGrath Street, Ste 260, Ventura, Ca 93003-7778
(800) 400-7115

California Contractors State License Board
Licenses and regulates contractors 1-800-321-2752

California Department of Consumer Affairs - DCA
State Licensing Information
400 "R" Street, Sacramento, Ca 95814 - (800) 952-5210

Employment Development Department - EDD
Links to job placement, unemployment and disability insurances, payroll taxes, etc. Businesses are required to obtain a State identification number to report employee taxes to the State.

3196 Higuera Street, Ste C San Luis Obispo, Ca 93402
4820 McGrath Street, Ste 250, Ventura, Ca 93003.
1-888-745-3886 (toll free)

Franchise Tax Board
Collects State income tax revenue (effective Friday, June 1, 2012, this office will no longer accept cash.)
300 S. Spring Street, Suite 5704, Los Angeles, CA 90013-1265
(800) 338-0505

Small Business Administration
California locations: San Francisco, Sacramento, Fresno, Los Angeles, Santa Ana, and San Diego

Federal Offices

Internal Revenue Service
Contact the IRS for a Federal Employer Identification Number and/or tax information at 1-800-829-1040