The City of Lompoc has adopted a centralized purchasing system. All City procurement is to comply with City ordinances and all relevant provisions of law. The purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, and services is done through the Purchasing Division. Contact the Purchasing Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-875-8000.
Current Bidding Opportunities
Click on the bid number to download an Acrobat version of the solicitation. If you are unable to download from this page and need a bid package, fax your request to 805-735-7628 and include the bid number and fax back phone number. For comments or questions email email@example.com or you may call 805-875-8000.
- Vendors interested in doing business with the City may sign up for email Bid notification.
- Vendors may visit with buyers in the Purchasing Division during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Appointments are not necessary, although they are recommended.
- Vendors are selected for their capability to serve the needs of the City in the most economical and efficient manner possible.
Competitive Quotations and/or Bids
For purchases exceeding $125,000, sealed bids or proposals will be solicited unless conditions excepting bidding prevail.
- Bid bonds may be requested for sealed bids; the Invitation to Bid will indicate such requests.
- Sealed bids must be received by the due date and time: the Invitation to Bid will indicate the opening location.
- Sealed bid openings are public and bidders are welcome to attend.
- Bids are awarded to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder; Proposals are awarded to the Offeror whose proposal is most advantageous to the City in accordance with criteria set forth in the Request for Proposal.
- Public notice of invitations to bid are published at least ten calendar days prior to the date of bid opening.
- For Purchases of $10,000 to $125,000, written quotations will be solicited.
Purchases must be accompanied by a City of Lompoc issued agreement, purchase order, quick purchase order, or other documentation. Please call Purchasing Division staff at 805-875-8000 if in doubt as to the validity of an order.